Help - Preparing your book files
In order to make life easier for you and ourselves, we ask you, the author, to follow a very simple set of guidelines that will help make the publishing process uniform and systematic:
Go back to the Help index
- Use MS Office Word or LibreOffice Writer. We are not interested in the office package per se, we are interested in the file format. We only accept manuscripts in the format of DOC, DOCX or ODT file formats. Using one of the two options above is optional, not mandatory, and you are free to you any other word processing software, as long as it can save DOC, DOCX or ODT files properly.
- When preparing your manuscript, limit the objects you add (apart from the text itself) to: footnotes, endnotes, tables, figures and equations. Do not go fancy with macros, bookmarks and other stuff. It is not harmful, but we are most certainly going to strip it out and not use it.
- Remove any headers, footers, and fields (like page numbers or page counts) from your manuscript.
- Some authors prepare their books in the form of separate files for each chapter. We do not accept more than one file per submission. You will have to combine all your files into one.
- We accept manuscripts that include figures embedded inside them. It would be better if you can extract the figures, or use the originals if you have them, as separate files.
- If you have a cover image, prepare it as a 600x800 pixel image. For best results, make it 300 DPI (Dots-Per-Inch) or higher, although it is not mandatory. What is mandatory is that you save the image as JPG, JPEG, PNG or GIF only. We do not accept other image formats.
- If you are going to provide images and/or photos as separate files, each one of them should be properly named, and the formats accepted are the same for cover images, that is, JPG, JPEG, PNG or GIF only.